“The ASUS VY249HE 23.8” Eye Care monitor is your standard entry-level monitor designed for home and office use. It offers basic features of your regular home-office monitor but with a twist-a special emphasis on eye-care characterized by a number of features.”
Asides from this, this monitor also boasts clear video quality and exceptional visuals. It is ideal as a work computer, for causal gaming and to serve your everyday computing needs.
ASUS VY249HE 23.8” Eye Care Monitor – Design
Like your typical entry-level monitor, the ASUS VY249HE doesn’t have much going on as far as design is concerned. It has a simple and minimalistic body but still solid enough thanks to a black matte plastic frame. The front panel has a frameless design which is great because it enhances the viewing angle of the monitor.
The 23.8-inches screen has a protective glass covering. The side edge is quite thin although there is an additional frame that becomes noticeable when you turn the screen on. At the bottom of the screen, there is a dark gray panel that comes in a brushed-metal pattern.
6 navigation buttons are located on the right side of the bottom panel. All the connectors can be found on the top of the notch located on the rear panel of the monitor. They are all oriented downwards. The monitor has a V-shaped stand that makes it possible to adjust the tilt angle of the screen. However, it is possible to ditch this stand and mount the monitor on the wall by using the VESA-compatible mount.
ASUS VY249HE Monitor Display & Functionality
The ASUS VY249HE Eye Care Monitor has a 23.8-inches IPS panel screen with a High-Definition resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels. This comes with a Pixel Density of 92.56 PPI and a dot size of 0.2744 mm with a vertical and horizontal viewing angle of 178 degrees. The image resolution is dense enough which ensures that individual pixels are not very conspicuous. The monitor’s IPS panel offers a palette of up to 16.7 million colors. This allows the monitor to deliver stunning graphics with detailed realism.
One of the outstanding features of this monitor is the refresh rate and response time. it has an MPRT response time of 1ms and a refresh rate of 75Hz. Keeping with the manufacturer’s emphasis on eye-care, the monitor’s Flicker-free technology ensures that the screen doesn’t flicker. The screen also has a low blue light emission which helps to reduce eye strain.
One of the major selling points of this monitor is eye care features. The monitor has an Eye Care menu with different settings that are aimed at helping users protect their vision from strain as they use the monitor. The ASUS VY249HE eye care features include:
- Ultra-Low Blue Light Technology: the screen of this monitor is designed to emit a very low amount of potentially harmful blue light compared to regular screens. It features four different filter settings to adjust the blue light emission to the barest minimum.
- Flicker-Free Technology: This monitor is integrated with the TÜV Rheinland-certified Flicker-Free technology from ASUS. This helps to reduce on-screen flicker while the monitor is in use. The result is more comfortable viewing with minimized eye strain.
- Eye Check: This monitor offers three different patterns for eye checks. There is a Snellen chart for checking for long and short-sightedness; a Radial Chart to check for astigmatism and an Amsler Grid allows you to check for Macular degeneration.
- Color Augmentation: the monitor’s color augmentation mode allows users to customize the display with 4 different colors. This improves the viewing experience for users that are color deficient.
- Rest Reminder: the monitor reminds users to take a brief rest from their screen to prevent eye fatigue.
The monitor only offers the basics as far as connectivity is concerned which is expected since it is a budget monitor. There are just a few ports which include two video inputs options VGA & HDMI) and two mini jacks for audio in and headphone-out.
- The monitor’s frameless design supports a seamless multi-screen setup
- The screen features the ASUS BacGuard which is a special anti-bacterial silver ion treatment that inhibits bacterial and fungi growth on the screen.
- The monitor has been specially designed with GamePlus technology which offers an improved gaming experience.
- The VGA and HDMI ports make it compatible with a wide range of devices
- Comfortable tilt: the screen can be tilted between 23 to -5 degrees for a comfortable viewing position. VESA wall mount also makes it possible to mount the screen on a wall.
- Not many options for screen position adjustments
- Backlighting and color temperature has low uniformity
- Minimalistic design with limited extra features
The ASUS VY249HE 23.8” Eye Care monitor is an ideal budget monitor suitable for home or office use. it is decent for its price although you’ll only get a minimalistic design and basic functionalities. The added eye-care function, however, is a unique feature that sets the monitor apart.
Read More Our Review:
- HP 24mh FHD Monitor B08BF4CZSV, Perfect For Home Office
- AUZAI Computer Monitor, Perfect Screen
- New Apple iPad Air Latest Model MYFR2LL, Good Laptop Alternative
- New Apple MacBook MGN73LL/A, Revolutionary
- Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop (AN515-55-59KS), Reign Over Game World
- SAMSUNG QN32Q50RAFXZA Flat 32″ QLED 4K 32Q50 Series Smart TV, Great TV
- Acer SP513-54N-74V2 Spin 5 Convertible Laptop, Perfect For Online Learning
Don’t Miss Our Picks of The Popular Articles:
- How To Identify Wrangler Jeans (ZM3CSCN)? 6 Things You Didn’t Know
- STDcheck.com is The Leader in STD Testing
- TaoTronics TT-PCA004, Best Massage Gun on The Market
- Gskyer Telescope AZ 70400, Easy And Fun!
- KODAK SCANZA Digital Film Slide Scanner RODFS35 Review
- 7 Cool Features To Know About The Garmin Fenix 5X Plus(010-01989-00) GPS Smartwatch
- DASH Safe Slice Mandoline Slicer(DSM100), Why Is It A Great Addition To Anyone’s Kitchen?
- 7 Classic Men’s Fragrances That Have Stood The Test Of Time
- 7 Best Indoor Outdoor Games of All Time