“Over the years, I’ve bought practically every other brand of a laptop (Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, IBM, MSI, Toshiba) and therefore the only two brands that have consistently met my expectations have been Toshiba and Acer. And of the two, Acer consistently has more to offer at a better price point. If you are a relatively casual gamer I really think you will like this just as much as I am liking it. This is one of the best laptops. Tethering/ Bluetooth, Download apps and play games, Great screen resolution, and soundbar.”
Acer, one of the world’s premier computer manufacturers, has been within the laptop business for an extended time, and they’ve grown their offerings from a couple of modest machines to a full suite of laptops that range from ultra-portable workhorses to gorgeous, drool-worthy computers. Give VRHeadsetOnline.com A Try? VR Headset Can Provide a Great Escape From the Real World.
Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop, 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10300H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti, 15.6″ Full HD IPS 144Hz Display, 8GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD, WiFi 6, DTS X Ultra, Backlit Keyboard, AN515-55-59KS
Is Acer Nitro 5 Good For Gaming?
If you are looking for a gaming laptop for a ridiculously cheap price, look no further than the Acer Nitro 5 (AMD, 2020). This Nitro 5 (I own the 15” and 17” versions) is rock solid as a gaming computer. Acer’s Nitro line provides gamers budget options for desktop PCs, accessories, and laptops just like the Nitro 5.
For internal performance hardware, there are plenty of Intel and NVIDIA options available, It’s much better suited to playing popular esports titles or modern AAA games on lowered settings, hitting between 30 and 60 frames-per-second (FPS). The default settings do throttle performance to a pathetic 30 FPS in games IF UNPLUGGED but this will be disabled at the value of battery performance within the GPU and windows settings. I’m getting 100+ frames per second in all games I’ve tried at high settings. I played Dying Light and Path of Exile to ascertain how well the Nitro 5 holds up during regular play; the previous averaged 34 FPS on “Best Performance” settings, while the latter averaged 69 FPS with a mix of Low and Medium settings.
While gaming, the battery goes to drop fast, so you’ll be wanting to hold the bulky power adapter with you. You’ll get at most about 1.5 hours while gaming, and between four and five hours when going about regular tasks.
Which Acer Laptop is Best For Gaming?
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-59KS Reign over the sports world with the combined power of a tenth Gen Intel Core i5 processor and NVIDIA GTX 1650 Ti graphics.
Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop AN515-55-59KS, 15.6″ Full HD IPS display, awesome mobility, advanced cooling, stellar audio capabilities, & all of the other gaming-rich features & you quickly see why the ‘AN515-55-59KS‘ delivers a knockout blow to the competition!
Explore and luxuriate in a replacement level of gaming with the powerful Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-59KS 15.6-Inch Full HD Gaming Laptop. The solid, understated design houses a lightning-quick FHD IPS screen and a lineup of impressive tech that enhances every aspect of gameplay.
The Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-59KS 15.6-Inch Full HD Gaming Laptop was developed to deliver an iconic gaming experience courtesy of the many awesome features inside, including its 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10300H Processor & high-performance NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti graphics—that’s powered by NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture!
Commands are just slightly away with the dedicated NitroSense Key, while the WASD and arrow keys are highlighted for straightforward location. Enjoy the tactile feel of keys with a travel distance of 1.6mm. Add some excitement to your gaming and play in dimly lit environments with the red backlit keyboard.
Is Acer Nitro 5 Worth Buying?
I buy a lot of laptops and I’ve had a lot of success with Acer laptops in general. They really do deliver a superb laptop at an excellent price point. Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-55)’s IPS panel has a Full HD resolution, comfortable viewing angles, good contrast ratio, and a non-flickering backlight.
This laptop is understood as a budget laptop, and it totally is. You can play several games, It can handle a wide range of graphically intense games from Halo, League of Legends, Minecraft, most games on Steam, battle royales, you name it.
It’s lightweight, not that expensive for a gaming laptop, and straightforward to use. Plus, if you’re employed or play in the dark, the backlit keyboard is going to be your ally.
- One of the best-priced gaming laptops out there
- Good keyboard with decent travel, clicky feedback, and an optional RGB backlight
- Two M.2 slots with RAID 0 support
- The display doesn’t flicker at any luminosity (LG LP156WFC-SPD5)
- Has a good contrast ratio and comfortable viewing angles (LG LP156WFC-SPD5)
- 144Hz display option
- Lacks an SD card reader and Thunderbolt support
- Hot and loud during gameplay
- Covers only 53% of sRGB (LG LP156WFC-SPD5)
- Subpar CPU performance
- The only downside of this laptop is that the USB-C port is a USB 3.2 port and does NOT support Thunderbolt.
- Use it to set my fan speed to the max before I enter a game. You will get the best performance this way.
- MINIMIZE NItrosense after setting the fan speed. It uses about 10% CPU power animating the fans if you do not minimize it lol.
Read More Our Review:
- New Apple iPad Air Latest Model MYFR2LL, Good Laptop Alternative
- New Apple MacBook MGN73LL/A, Revolutionary
- AUZAI Computer Monitor, Perfect Screen
- SAMSUNG QN32Q50RAFXZA Flat 32″ QLED 4K 32Q50 Series Smart TV, Great TV
- Acer SP513-54N-74V2 Spin 5 Convertible Laptop, Perfect For Online Learning
- HP 24mh FHD Monitor B08BF4CZSV, Perfect For Home Office
Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop FAQ
Don’t Miss Our Picks of The Popular Articles:
- How To Identify Wrangler Jeans (ZM3CSCN)? 6 Things You Didn’t Know
- STDcheck.com is The Leader in STD Testing
- How To Identify Original Levi’s Jeans? 7 Simple Ways To Help You
- Gskyer Telescope AZ 70400, Easy And Fun!
- 9 Tips And Tricks For U-MAX 44in Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit Table
- Why is WEN 6502T Disc Sander One of the Best?
- DASH Safe Slice Mandoline Slicer(DSM100), Why Is It A Great Addition To Anyone’s Kitchen?
- Yamaha RX-V685BL(B07BZZCHGN), 7 Things You Need To Know
- Do Carhartt Men’s K87 Workwear Pocket Short-Sleeve T-Shirt Shrink?