“I was not one of those people who bought an air fryer because of the hype. I was first skeptical about the taste of the food that cooks in them. I tried quite a few meals cooked with an air fryer before buying my first. Have to say many foods tasted the same for me.”
You might be thinking about how does an air fryer cook my food without using oil. You are not alone because I had the same question at the start. What happens is when you place food inside the air fryer, it blows hot air around it. Because of this hot air exterior of your food get that golden brown color like deep-fried food.
After finding out so much about air fryers, I wanted to have one for myself. There were so many recipes I wanted to try cooking with my air fryer. That is when I came across Ninja DZ201 Foodi 6-in-1 2-Basket Air Fryer. I’ll tell you why I fell in love with this air fryer immediately. Read More Our Review: hamilton beach 26201.
What’s Special About This Air Fryer?
You will notice a difference as soon as you see the Ninja DZ201 Foodi Air Fryer. It has two visible handles on it. Yeah, it has two baskets to cook two foods at the same time. You can use two separate settings for each basket. These baskets are not small at all because they have a total of 8-quart capacity.
I cooked chicken thighs in one basket while cooking broccoli in the other basket. It saves time when I’m cooking for the whole family because of this neat trick. Even in this small unit, there are two separate fans for each basket. That’s what allows us to have different settings for each basket to cook.
I know this an extra addition to your kitchen. I also looked at the dimension of this air fryer before buying. Its dimensions are 16Lx14Wx13H in inches. The color it came was dark grey which fitted my kitchen theme perfectly.
What’s Best to Cook in the Air Fryer?
You can cook anything that does not involve a lot of liquid. But there is some ideal food to cook in the air fryer. If you aim to reduce the amount of fat used and eat healthy food air fryer is a good solution. I listed down some food you might find interesting.
- Vegetables – potato, broccoli, mushroom, onion, carrot, eggplant, tomato
- Chicken – breasts, thighs, drumstick
- Beef – burger, flank steak, meatballs
- Pork/Lamb – loin, pork chops, tenderloin, bacon, sausages
- Fish and Seafood – calamari, fish fillet, salmon, shrimp, tuna steak
- Frozen food – French fries, onion rings, fish sticks, fish fillets, chicken nuggets
Smart Control Panel? Is It Easy to Use?
This panel includes a digital screen to show the temperature in each basket. There are buttons to select the program you want to cook on this panel. Depending on the type of food you are cooking, you can set everything here.
You have to try the “Smart Finish” feature in Ninja DZ201 Foodi Air Fryer. This feature allows you to cook two foods in two ways but finish at the same time. I have used this feature when cooking large meals for my family.
I came across few instances where I needed more than 4 quarts of space to cook one dish. In Ninja DZ201 Foodi Air Fryer, you can sync the two baskets’ settings using the “Match Cook” feature.
How to Cook Different Food?
Six different customizable programs come with the Ninja DZ201 Foodi Air Fryer. I use the air fry setting most of the time to make French fries. The roast setting makes cooking meat a lot easier. If you love baking your vegetables, there is an ideal setting for that as well. Here are all the customizable programs that come with the air fryer.
- Air Fry
- Air Broil
You must be thinking, “can I use a different program for each basket at the same time?”. Of course, the answer is yes. Two recipes you are cooking will not affect another at all.
Can I Cook Under Low Temperature and High Temperature Both?
Yes, you can cook in a wide range of temperatures using Ninja DZ201 Foodi Air Fryer. It can go low as 105 °F temperatures. On the high side, this air fryer can reach 450 °F temperatures. There is nothing to worry about undercooking.
What About Cleaning?
Two baskets are nonstick and a lot easier to clean compared to other materials. A little bit of oil at the bottom of the basket to cook can help you to clean. Manufacturers have mentioned these baskets are dishwasher safe. So, you don’t have to spend time washing it by hand.
According to my experience, I recommend you to hand wash these baskets for extended life. If you do that, make sure to air dry or towel dry the baskets.
Will It Heavily Affect Your Electricity Bill?
No, it did not affect my electricity bill a lot. I also worried about it this at first. But an air fryer is not something you use all the time. It also depends on the amount of food you are preparing at once. According to its label in the back, Ninja DZ201 Foodi Air Fryer uses 1690W per hour.
So, Will You Buy It?
- What I suggest is to think about it a lot. If you already don’t have an oven, I would say go for it. If you do, you have to go through a lot of trouble to cook a small dish in your big oven. In that kind of situation, an air fryer can come in handy a lot.
- Not only that, we deep fry many of our daily food. You know extra fat is not that healthy. The best thing that happened to me after buying Ninja DZ201 Foodi Air Fryer less use of oil in the kitchen.
- Besides the facts that I mentioned above, you can always do more research. I hope you will find the best air fryer for you. Give OnlineGroceryReview.com A Try? Expert-Led Reviews, Recommendations, And Roundups The best Shopping Content From The Top Grocery.
Read More Our Review:
- Why You Need Ninja SP101 Foodi 8-in 1 Digital Air Fry?
- Ninja Foodi ™ Power Pitcher System Blender, Handles Everything
- Ninja SS201 Foodi Power Pitcher, Not Just Blender
- Ninja ® Foodi ™ Power Pitcher System, My Everyday Hero
- Ninja Foodi Power Pitcher Blender, Great Blender
Don’t Miss Our Picks of The Popular Articles:
- How To Identify Wrangler Jeans (ZM3CSCN)? 6 Things You Didn’t Know
- STDcheck.com is The Leader in STD Testing
- TaoTronics TT-PCA004, Best Massage Gun on The Market
- Gskyer Telescope AZ 70400, Easy And Fun!
- KODAK SCANZA Digital Film Slide Scanner RODFS35 Review
- 7 Cool Features To Know About The Garmin Fenix 5X Plus(010-01989-00) GPS Smartwatch
- DASH Safe Slice Mandoline Slicer(DSM100), Why Is It A Great Addition To Anyone’s Kitchen?
- 7 Classic Men’s Fragrances That Have Stood The Test Of Time
- 7 Best Indoor Outdoor Games of All Time