“What better time to bring your classic snaps into the digital age for easy online sharing with friends and family, or simply re-live some carefree memories?”
KODAK SCANZA Digital Film Slide Scanner RODFS35 is a simple, non-professional film scanner. it’s a basic film/slide scanner that is well made, very easy to use, and capable of producing entry-level scans of your photos.
It comes complete with a generous array of accessories and can save digitized images on an SD card or output them to a PC (or Mac) for storage or a TV for viewing.
Don’t let your precious memories fade into obscurity. This versatile film-to-JPEG converter digitizes and optimizes a variety of films including 35mm, 126, 110, Super 8, and 8mm negatives.
Simply scan and save your photos to your computer or a microSD card™ to preserve, edit, print, and share. Including three inserts and three adapter trays for wide compatibility, the Scanza Digital Film Scanner from Kodak can scan and save 35mm, 126, 110, Super 8, and 8mm negatives and slides.
It has a simple horizontal slot for loading and allows for manual color and brightness adjustment during the scan process. Resolutions of up to 22MP are possible with built-in software interpolation, with the CMOS sensor offering an optical resolution of 14MP.
The Scanza counts with a 3.5″ LCD color screen for viewing, which is controlled by three soft keys and can be tilted up for easier use. Once you are done scanning, you can send your files directly to your computer via USB 2.0 or save them to an optional SD card.
The scanner also allows you to set up a slideshow on the unit itself, and HDMI and video out cables are provided for viewing images on a TV. Compatible operating systems include Windows and macOS.
How Do I Use My Kodak Scanza Digital Film Scanner?
- In terms of film format flexibility, the Scanza is… okay. The biggest thing the Scanza has going for it is the ease of use.
- Even if you’ve never scanned film before, you can expect to be up and running in around 10 minutes. To operate it, plug in the power (the scanner uses a widely available micro-USB to USB cable for power) either to an AC outlet or your computer, insert an SD card (this is where scans are saved), press the power button, select your film type, load the holder with your film, insert it and press the capture button. Done. Scanning takes only a couple of seconds per negative/slide.
- If you’re plugged into the wall and the 3.5″ LCD feels too small to view your images, don’t fear: In addition to the Micro-USB, you’ve got Video-out and HDMI-mini ports (cables included for both) so you can view your scans on a TV or monitor screen. connecting it to a TV reminded me of using a slide projector and that is the most Kodak thing about this product.
- For those simply wishing to painlessly make digital copies of years of photos, the Scanza is a decent option. a great little scanner for converting slides and negative to digital files. They will never be files to use as fine art, but for recording and preserving slides for family history, it works great.
- It is simple to use and creates and nice size file to clean up in post. I like that it records to an SD card and then you can download those files into Lightroom or Photoshop to clean up and color adjust. It is so fun to record old slides and negative to digital files that can be shared with family and friends by email or text. Wonderful memories.
How Does the Kodak Scanza Work?
The typical user can be scanning negatives within minutes. The membrane keypad provides on/off, home, and capture switches while three soft keys on the LCD panel trigger all other commands.
Using these keys it’s possible to adjust image brightness and red, green, and blue color levels. The adjustment increments are huge so the smart money is on using the default settings and doing the fine-tuning in your regular image editor.
This is an excellent product, very easy to set up, all it needs is an SD card to store the images to. For 35mm there are two mounts, one for thin or cardboard mounts, the other for thicker plastic mounts such as Agfa used to use. The nature of the device makes it very easy to use as the slides are simply pushed through in succession.
A little care is needed to ensure the full frame is central then scan to SD… as easy as that. What I liked most was the speed I could push the slides through the scanner. So I would highly recommend this for anyone who wants to quickly scan slides onto digital media.
For the price, it serves the purpose of quickly copying a large batch of slides. It made a daunting-looking pile of negatives turn to 300 saved images in a matter of two hours.
The Kodak Scanza is a well-made, easy-to-use film digitizer that can be an enjoyable and useful tool for many photography hobbyists.
It is so versatile you can finish the photos by increasing the brightness and so that they do not look green. This product is incredible and I could recover photos of negatives that no longer reveal them in the photography studios.
- Following package directions, unable to avoid the appearance of a white band along the left side of the image. However, inserting the negatives from the left side instead of the recommended right-hand side solved the problem.
- You must scan the inserted SD card first. After you have scanned all the slides to the SD card and finished your project, then you can change the mode from “memory” to “USB” on the viewing screen and then transfer SD content to your photo software program on the computer.
- Cleaning brush that some users may mistakenly use to clean film. Don’t! The purpose of the brush is to clean the scanner itself as per Page 7 of the manual.
- This is not a flatbed scanner, there is a 14mp camera built into the device that takes a snapshot of the film, if you are looking for HIGH-quality scans please look for a flatbed scanner, this device is designed to quickly scan through old memories with good quality.
Read More Our Review:
- Yamaha RX-V685BL(B07BZZCHGN), 7 Things You Need To Know
- HP 24mh FHD Monitor B08BF4CZSV, Perfect For Home Office
- SAMSUNG QN32Q50RAFXZA Flat 32″ QLED 4K 32Q50 Series Smart TV, Great TV
- Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop (AN515-55-59KS), Reign Over Game World
- AUZAI Computer Monitor, Perfect Screen
- 9 Reasons Why Choose Fellowes Shredder 3229901(B000YGO7HW)!
Don’t Miss Our Picks of The Popular Articles:
- Stilnend Telescope, Perfect Gift! Helps Them Away From The Screen
- Play Mobile GamesWithout Pressing Your Finger Against The Screen
- 7 Classic Men’s Fragrances That Have Stood The Test Of Time
- Ninja SS201 Foodi Power Pitcher, Great Job, Ninja!
- Stilnend Telescope Is It Worth Getting Telescope?
- Lefant Robot Vacuum Cleaner Worth Every Penny
- Gskyer Telescope AZ-70400 Easy And Fun!
- TaoTronics TT-PCA004, Best Massage Gun on The Market
- How Much Does Firstleaf Cost?