“You may not be an expert mechanic, but still, you may come across situations in life that you will find a mechanics toolset useful. Especially these days remaining at home is the wisest decision you can make. Why not think about learning how to fix that rusty bike in the corner of your garage? You can try fixing that old lawnmower you are planning to throw away.”
Maybe you are already handy with mechanics tools. Have you felt extremely annoying because you don’t have the right tool for the job? Are there some pieces missing in your old toolset? Whatever the reason is I know, you are looking for an upgrade in your mechanics toolset.
When I was looking for an upgrade like you, I didn’t expect to buy an expensive toolset. What I wanted was all the basics covered toolbox for my do-it-yourself (DIY) projects. Then I heard this brand called DEWALT through my neighbor. What I did was search through Amazon for their mechanics toolsets.
DEWALT Mechanics Tool Set, 84-Piece (DWMT81531)
Whether you go to their website or other online stores such as Amazon, you can confirm one thing. DEWALT is a well-renowned tool manufacturing company. I’ll list some of their products to show how well spread they are in this industry.
- Power Tools
- Tool Accessories
- Hand Tools
- Garden Tools
- Tool Storages
If you ever come across a need for any of these tools, you can check on DEWALT products. Today we are trying to find a good mechanic toolset. See what DEWALT has to offer.
Selecting the Right Toolset for You
There are many mechanics toolsets available with DEWALT. It’s mainly classified based on the number of pieces available in each toolset. I’ll list a few choices available for you to decide.
- 84 Pieces Toolset
- 172 Pieces Toolset
- 205 Pieces Toolset
- 247 Pieces Toolset
If you are not a heavy user of tools like me, I recommend buying a toolset with 84 pieces. It includes all the basics. From now on, I’ll share my experience and review about DEWALT Mechanics 84-Piece Tool Set (DWMT81531).
Customer Ratings by Features
- Giftable 4.9
- Easy to read 4.7
- Durability 4.6
- Value for money 4.6
These high ratings were one reason for me to buy this mechanics toolset. When you are buying toolsets from a new brand, the honest opinions of customers truly matters. You can find a good idea about durability and usefulness from those reviews.
What Are the Tools Available in DEWALT Mechanics 84-Piece Tool Set?
- 3/8” Drive 6 Point Deep Sockets 8
- 1/4” Drive 6 Point Deep Sockets 12
- 1/4″ Drive 6 Point Sockets 20
- 3/8” Drive 6 Point Sockets 21
- 1/4” Drive 3” Extension Bar 1
- 3/8” Drive Female to 1/4” Drive Male Adapter 1
- 3/8” Drive 3” Extension Bar 1
- 3/8” Drive 5/8” Spark Plug 1
- 3/8” Drive 13/16” Spark Plug 1
- Specialty Bits 16
- Bit Driver 1
- 3/8” Drive Pear Head Ratchet 1
Next, let’s see the use of these tools and why you should seriously consider this toolset.
One important thing you can notice about the sockets is they all consist of 6 point heads. Because of this feature, you can have better contact between the rachet. It is helpful when you are adding extra pressure.
3/8” Drive and 1/4” Drive
Based on the requirement, you can select the drive size of the sockets between these two sizes. But you might have already noticed they have only given us a ratchet with a 3/8” drive pear head. That’s when the 3/8” Drive Female to 1/4” Drive Male Adapter comes in handy. You don’t have to buy an extra ratchet because of this adapter.
Standard Length Sockets and Deep Sockets
Both types of sockets are available with your DEWALT Mechanics Toolset. What are the differences and use of them?
Standard Length Sockets
- Standard length sockets are best for the most basic projects.
- Deep sockets can help you reach bolts located far down in your vehicle.
Whatever the need, you can right tool with DEWALT Mechanics toolset.
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Sockets and Metric Sockets
Maybe you are familiar with these terms, maybe not. Whatever the case, there are two types of sockets commonly used among Mechanics.
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Sockets
- You can use these sockets when working with American-made vehicles. They have used imperial system inches and fractions to name these sockets.
- You can use these sockets to work on imported vehicles. Here you have to use millimeters to measure sizes in these sockets. Mechanics commonly use 10mm and 36mm size sockets from this set.
Extension Bars in Two Sizes
If you need to reach bolts at deep places, you can use one of these 1/4” and 3/8” extensions for that.
Two Spark Plug Sockets
You don’t know when will the need come to remove a spark plug. Luckily, the DEWALT Mechanics toolset has covered you. There are two 5/8” and 13/16” spark plug sockets available in the toolset.
3/8” Drive Pear Head Ratchet
Ratchet is the heart of this toolset. You will need the ratchet to operate every socket available. This ratchet uses geared drive to minimize the force you have to put. DEWALT Mechanics 84-Piece Tool Set has a 72 tooth count ratchet. It allows you to make a 5-degree arc swing, making it easier to maneuver in tight spaces.
Specialty Bits and Bit Driver
These bits can use on any screw found on a standard vehicle. They are very durable, and the bit driver grips bits quite well. Because of the rubber grip, you will feel much comfort when using the bit driver as well.
All the tools you find in DEWALT Mechanics 84-Piece Tool Set have a fully polished chrome finish to prevent corrosion.
With this toolset, you receive a blow moulded case with metal latches. You can protect and keep the tool organized in this durable case.
I hope now you have good knowledge about DEWALT Mechanics 84-Piece Tool Set. Yes, based on the requirement, you can always go for a toolset with a higher number of pieces. But the basic look will remain the same for all the sets. Finally, what I have to say is, set the mechanic in you free with DEWALT Mechanics Tool Set.
Read More Our Review:
- Why Vantrue N4 3 Channel 4K Dash Cam Is The Best Solution For Road Safety?
- Why Choose GCI Outdoor Roadtrip Rocker Chair As Your Travelling Partner?
- NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill, Most Sophisticated Treadmills
- Blackstone 17 Inch Griddle Review
- What Makes The Blackstone Griddle 22 So Popular?
- Gskyer Telescope How To Use?
- Why NOCO GB70 Jump Starter Is The Best To Start A Car With Depleted Battery?
You May Also Like:
- Best Telescope For Viewing Planets And Galaxies
- Why Is Gosky Updated 20-60×80 Angled Spotting Scope Perfect For You?
- How to Install a Blink Outdoor Camera?
- How Much Is A Peloton Treadmill?
- How Halo Bolt Air Car Jump Starter Helps You With Car Starting Issues?
- How To Spot Fake Jordan 1?
- Why The Evenflo Gold Revolve360 Rotational All-In-One Convertible Car Seat Is The Ultimate Game Changer For New Parents?
- Is The TOZO NC2 Wireless Earbuds Worth Buying?
- What Exercise Machines Guarantees a Minimum Stress Workout Session at Home? Teeter FreeStep Recumbent Cross Trainer and Elliptical Review