7 Best Portable Jump Starters 2021 (Top 7 Portable Jump Starters 2021)
|+ 1000 Peak Amps|
+ Build Quality
+ Safety Precautions
|- Battery Capacity|
|+ LCD Screen |
+ 3 Year Warranty
+ Smart USB Port
|- Charging Passes Slowly|
|+ 2000A Peak Current|
+ Compatible USB Charging
+ Fastest Charging Speed
|- May not Support Diesel Motors|
|+ Effective for Large-Sized Engines|
+ Durable battery life
+ Impressive Display Features
|- No Carrying Case|
|+ Lot of Mah Power|
+ Torch Light with Modes
+ Fast Charging
|- Only One Fast Charging USB 2.0|
|+ 1700 Peak Amps|
+ Jumper Clamps Quality
+ Quality Made
|- No Air Compressor|
|+ Built-in Protection Circuit |
+ Powerful Lithium Battery
+ 50 Jump Starts
|- Not Suitable with Diesel Cars|
“A portable jump starter is a simple device that can save you from a lot of stress and frustration. With this device, you don’t have to go through the trouble of flagging down motorists passing by or waiting around for the AAA when your car battery turns up dead and needs a jump. Getting a cutting-edge device like the AVAPOW A08-1500A jump starter will provide a safe, easy and convenient way to get your dead car battery up again.”
However, since there are several types and models of portable car jumper-starters from different manufacturers, you still need to be aware of how to make the right choice out of the numerous options available. In this review, we will go over all the things you should know about car battery jump starters and how to choose one that will be most perfect for you. Read More Our Review: Best Selling and Top-Rated Jump Starter.
Can You Charge a Car Battery With a Portable Jump Starter?
Portable car jumpers come with the benefit of being compact. This makes them quite easy and convenient to store. It also means you can easily carry then under your car seat or any part of your vehicle without bothering about space. However, given their small size, it is common for people to wonder if they can be used to charge a car battery.
However, the answer to this question is no. A battery jump starter is just as the name implies. It is used to jump-start a battery and not to charge it. This means it only gives your battery the quick boost of power it needs to get the engine started after which its work is done.
A portable jump starter does not charge your car battery. That’s what a battery charger is for. A battery charger is a device designed specifically to charge your battery for several hours. A battery jump starter on the other hand is just like using a jump starter connected to someone else’s battery to get your engine started. You will still need to wait for some time for your battery to get recharged by the engine alternator.
Typically, you should leave your car to run for about 5 to 10 minutes after jump starting it with the AVAPOW A08 or any other portable jump starter. After this, you should turn the engine off briefly before restarting. If all is well, the car should start normally on its own but it doesn’t then you might need to get your car to a repair shop.
How Long Do Portable Jump Starters Last?
Generally, you can expect a good quality car battery jump starter to last for about 4 years. However, how long the jump starter will last depend on various factors. Some users have reported using on for up to 6 years with little to no glitches.
How long the portable jump starter will last usually depends on how well it is handled and maintained based on the manufacturer’s instructions. This implies having the right temperature, humidity, and chemical condition of the atmosphere. For instance, a high acidity atmosphere is bound to shorten the lifespan of your car battery.
It is also recommended that you always follow the full charge cycle and power passed as recommended by the manufacturer. However, it is common for motorists to ignore these instructions in using and storing their portable jumper. Under terrible conditions, the jumper may not even last for up to 3years at best.
What Should I Look for When Buying A Portable Jump Starter?
Perhaps the most vital factor that will determine the performance and durability of your portable jump starter is ensuring you have purchased a quality product in the first place. Knowing the things to look out for will help you make the right choice. The essential things to look out for include:
Size: most times when people think of jump starters, they tend to get the image of a heavy-duty jump box. While this used to be the case several years ago, many of the modern jump starters today are a lot more compact and lightweight. While being portable does not mean the unit will be feather-light, they’re sleeker and lighter than they used to be and still equally efficient.
Many portable jump starters also come in carrying cases which makes them quite easy to carry. Look for a compact unit that you can easily carry in your glove compartment, center console, or under the seat of your car. Many of them are just as powerful as the other types of jump boxes despite their small size.
Power: the power of a portable jump starter is typically expressed in peak amps (PA) or cold cranking amps (CCA). This is a measure of what you can expect from your battery under the worst starting conditions possible. The CCA is usually measured by putting a fully charged battery under cold conditions and measuring its rate of discharge for 30 seconds.
Generally, the higher the CCA the more powerful your jump starter will be. Of course, there are other factors you should consider in addition to the CCA. Generally, a CCA rating of 400-500 CCA should be sufficient to start most vehicles. You want to go for a portable jump starter that offers a slightly higher CCA to allow you to help other motorists on the road if you ever need to.
Size and age of your engine: the battery of a small sedan car engine can be jumped with a jump starter with 150CCA. But this would not work for an SUV or truck. For this, you need to have about 450CCA.
The age of the engine is another important factor that determines the type of battery jumper to go for. For instance, you will need a jumper with higher amps to start an 8-cylinder engine that is up to 20 years old compared to a brand-new engine. This is because most modern engines are designed to work better with starters.
Voltage: for most cars, the voltage of their batteries is always 12V. But batteries for large trucks, machinery, and RVs may be as high as 24V.
Reverse-polarity protection: safety is an important consideration in choosing battery jumpers. Although different features make a portable jump starter safer to use, one of the most important ones is reverse polarity protection. This allows the jumper to indicate when you get the battery terminals wrong. This is crucial to avoid damaging your car.
AVAPOW A08 Review
The AVAPOW Car Battery Jump Starter is a portable jump starter that checks the box on many of the features highlighted above. This unit powerful jump starter has a 1500A peak current capacity and has a unique design that makes it even more efficient.
It uses a 4-battery lamination process which allows it to deliver up to 5 times more cranking power than many other portable jumpers while doing so overextended cranking duration and less temperature difference in your batter. The AVAPOW A08 is also designed to be safe, secure, and above all portable. Weighing just 1.3lb, this compact battery jumper is easy to carry and store conveniently in your car.
Features Of the AVAPOW Car Battery Jump Starter Portable
- Portable but powerful battery jump starter: the AVAPOW A08 is one of the most portable units you will find around. Still, it is powerful enough for all types of 12V vehicles including some small trucks, SUVs, and boats. It is suitable for diesel engine vehicles with up to 5.5L and 6L for gas engines. This jump starter is designed to work efficiently even under extreme temperature conditions (10℃ – 60℃).
- Safety features: The AVAPOW A08 is designed to be safe to use for different types of vehicles and even for users that are inexperienced with handling jump starters. It has an indicator light that notifies you on how to use the unit correctly. The unit also makes an audible buzz to indicate a poor connection. All these are in addition to 8 built-in safety features.
- Power and performance: with a 12800mAh lithium battery this charger can efficiently handle most types of small vehicles with a 12V battery capacity. It features a USB 3.0 outport designed to charge up to 75% faster than your standard charger. Asides from using this unit to jump-start your vehicle, it can also double as a power pack for charging any type of electronic device that is compatible with it.
- LED Emergency Light: sometimes car battery emergencies happen in the dark. When it does, you don’t have to grapple around in the dark. This jump starter comes with its own LED emergency light which makes allows you to see clearly when attempting to jump-start your battery. The flashlight can also be used for other purposes as well. Considering the portable size of this unit, it can double your indoor or outdoor flashlight. There is also a strobe light and SOS light mode for emergency purposes.
- Multi-functional design with dual USB ports which allow you to charge your mobile phone and other devices.
- Intelligent cable with up to 8 safety protection systems
- Strong starting power
- The compact size makes this unit easy to store and carry with you everywhere
- It does not indicate battery percentage. Although it uses bars for this instead, there’s no way to tell exactly how much power is left.
- There is no indicator to show the engine size this portable jump starter can be used for.
How Safe Is the AVAPOW A08-1500A Jump Starter?
Jump starting your car battery is a delicate business. You are dealing with an electrical system and errors can cause damage to your car’s electrical systems and can be dangerous for you as well. This is why the best portable jump starters like the AVAPOW AO8 are designed with their own inbuilt safety features for added protection.
Some of the safety features of the AVAPOW Car Battery Jump Starter Portable include:
- A short circuit protection
- Spark-proof design
- High-temperature protection
- Overcurrent protection
- Overvoltage protection
- Overcharge protection
- Overload protection
- Reverse polarity
In addition to all of these, the AVAPOW AO8 also features an indicator that buzzes and flashes lights when the unit is being used incorrectly.
What Precautions Should I Take When Using the AVAPOW AO8-1500A Car Battery Jump Starter?
When you get your AVAPOW AO8 jump starter, be sure to read the manual to find out how to use it correctly and the precautions to keep in mind. Some of the simple precautions to keep in mind include:
- Before using the jump starter for the first time, you should charge it fully first. This battery jump starter may not start your engine if the battery is less than 50% charged.
- If the starter fails to jump-start your battery, remove the clamps and reconnect them after 2 minutes. Start the engine when the LED shows the battery voltage.
- Avoid jump-starting the engine more than 3 times in a row as this may cause overheating and damage the jump starter.
- The jump starter should be charged at least once every 3 months.
There are different types and models of portable jump starters from different manufacturers. They vary in terms of their design, safety features, power, and reliability. The AVAPOW Car Battery Jump Starter Portable is one of the best portable car jump starters you can get.
It is suitable for most regular-size vehicles with a 12V battery. You can also follow the buyer’s guide in this review to help you with choosing the right jump starter for your specific needs. Give MyJumpStarters.com A Try? Best Selling and Top-Rated Jump Starter.
Best Portable Jump Starters 2021(Top 7 Portable Jump Starters 2021)
1. NOCO Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Box, Car Battery Booster Pack, Portable Power Bank Charger, and Jumper Cables For Up To 6-Liter Gasoline and 3-Liter Diesel Engines(GB40)
NOCO Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Box, Car Battery Booster Pack, Portable Power Bank Charger, and Jumper Cables For Up To 6-Liter Gasoline and 3-Liter Diesel Engines
2. DBPOWER DJS50 Jump Starter Battery Pack for Automobiles, 800Amp 18000mAh 5/12/16/19V Portable Auto Car Battery Charger, 20 Starts, with Jumper Cables, Up to 7.2 Liter Gasoline and 5.5 Liter Diesel
3. Imazing Portable Car Jump Starter – 2000A Peak 18000mAH (Up to 10L Gas or 8L Diesel Engine) 12V Auto Battery Booster Portable Power Pack with LCD Display Jumper Cables, QC 3.0 and LED Light(IM27)
4. HULKMAN Alpha85 Jump Starter 2000 Amp 20000mAh Car Starter for up to 8.5L Gas and 6L Diesel Engines with LED Display 12V Lithium Portable Car Battery Booster Pack (Space Gray)(Alpha 85)
5. NEXPOW Battery Jump Starter 2500A 22000mAh Car Jump Starter (up to 8.0L Gas/8L Diesel Engines) 12V Car Battery Booster Pack with USB Quick Charge 3.0 and 4 LED Modes Red Blue Warning(Q9B)
6. Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 Peak Amp 12 Volt Jump Starter(JNC660)
7. Battery Starter for Car, TOPVISION 2200A Peak 21800mAh Portable Car Jump Starter (Up to 7.0L Gas or 6.5L Diesel Engine), 12V Portable Battery Booster(G26)
Read More Our Review:
- How Do You Use a Portable Jump Starter?
- Why Hulkman Alpha85 Jump Starter is Top-Rated?
- How Hulkman Alpha85 Jump Starter Is The Ultimate Solution To Your Dead Car?
- WEN Generator 56203i, Should You Buy it?
- KIMO Cordless Leaf Blower
- Is Skil PWRCore 20 Brushless Drill Driver Any Good?
- Why Is VIOFO A119 V3 Dash CamA Must-Have Accessory In Your Car?
- Why is WEN 6502T Disc Sander One of the Best?
- Why Is LAKE FOREST 4 Inch 24V 1.5Ah Chainsaw An Excellent Tool For Wood Cutting And Gardening?
- How Did the 108 Piece DEWALT Mechanic Tool Set(DWMT73801) become Many Mechanics’ Favorite?
Don’t Miss Our Picks of The Popular Articles:
- How To Identify Wrangler Jeans (ZM3CSCN)? 6 Things You Didn’t Know
- STDcheck.com is The Leader in STD Testing
- How To Identify Original Levi’s Jeans? 7 Simple Ways To Help You
- Gskyer Telescope AZ 70400, Easy And Fun!
- 9 Tips And Tricks For U-MAX 44in Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit Table
- Why is WEN 6502T Disc Sander One of the Best?
- DASH Safe Slice Mandoline Slicer(DSM100), Why Is It A Great Addition To Anyone’s Kitchen?
- Yamaha RX-V685BL(B07BZZCHGN), 7 Things You Need To Know
- Do Carhartt Men’s K87 Workwear Pocket Short-Sleeve T-Shirt Shrink?
- Why Is VIOFO A119 V3 Dash CamA Must-Have Accessory In Your Car?