“The city of New York is a whirlwind of activities. With numerous famous sites at the corner of every street, there is plenty of things to do and see on a visit to the big apple. Every tourist in the city probably has an itinerary of plans. That’s the thing about New York.”
Totally Bamboo Destination New York State Shaped Serving and Cutting Board, Includes Hang Tie for Wall Display
Many of the popular tourist destinations in the city are quite well known so much that first-time visitors have an idea of the important places they want to visit even before they arrive in the city. From the Statue of Liberty to the Empire State Building, the Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, and Broadway show. The iconic locations notwithstanding you probably still have a lot of questions on your mind about the city. Here are some of the things to know about visiting New York and things to do on your visit.
What Is The Number One Attraction In New York City?
The Statue of Liberty is one of the most iconic sights not just in New York, but also in America. For most tourists, taking a picture with the famous Lady Liberty is probably top on the list of things they want to do in the city.
Gifted to the US by France in 1886, the statue of liberty is one of the largest statues in the world. You can get a good view of the statue of liberty from Battery Park, on the southern edge of Manhattan. You can also get up close by taking a trip to Liberty Island where you can walk close to the base of the Statue or even go right up to the crown (you will need a reservation for this).
New York: An Illustrated History (Revised and Expanded)
It is important to note that there are several other iconic locations in New York City and the idea of number one attraction for you might not be a day at the American Museum of Natural History or spend time having fun on Coney Island. There is no shortage of options for you in the Big Apple.
What Do People Do For Fun In New York City?
New York City is a vibrant and lively city with a lot of fun activities. There is no shortage of options when it comes to fun things to do in Big Apple. Some of the interesting activities you should consider trying out in NYC include:
- Visit central park: Central Park is an expansive area with a lot of outdoor activities. Touring the entire park will take days as it is home to several attractions and so many activities you can engage in. From simply sitting on the Bethesda Terrace to Conservatory Garden, Chess & Checkers House, Shakespeare Garden, skating rinks, and so on. There is also a mall as well as a Zoo within the park.
- Explore the Niagra falls park: if you are a fan of outdoor life, then a day at Niagara falls will definitely be fun for you. There are three waterfalls within the park to explore. You can take a boat tour or simply catch the view from the top of the observation tower. The park also has numerous dining options, a theatre, a gift shop, and other side attractions.
- Rockefeller Center: also known as the Rock, this is another of the top tourist destinations in New York that offers tourists the opportunity to cross several things off their bucket list on the same day. The Rockefeller Center is a sprawling shopping complex and entertainment center. This 70-story plaza is home to many media houses including the NBC-TV. If your time of visit happens to be in the winter, then you can skate on the outdoor skating rink just outside the plaza. There are also outdoor viewing spaces on three floors of the building to get a panoramic view of New York.
- Take a food tour: New York is one of the most well know foodie cities in America. One of the most interesting things to do to get an authentic feel of the city and have a lot of fun while at it is to go on a food tour. You can explore the cuisines in a specific district or try out specific dishes that will please your taste buds.
What Should You Not Miss On The First Visit To New York?
If you are into theater, then you have to visit the theatre districts which is home to famous Broadway show. It is considered the pinnacle of American theatre and the place to watch both long-running theatrical classics as well as the latest shows. There are several theater venues on Broadway streets and you can get a ticket in advance before you arrive in the city.
Is New York City Worth Visiting?
New York City is renowned as one of the greatest cities in the world. The city plays host to numerous sites and beautiful destinations that are worth seeing. There is a long list of iconic locations and historical monuments every tourist wants to see. Newer attractions are also springing up all over the city leaving tourists with an all-you-can-eat buffet of things to do and places to visit whether as a first-timer or a return visitor to the city.
No matter the time of the year you are visiting the city or the time of the day you are stepping out to explore it, there is always something to do in the ever-bustling New York City. Be sure to have your trip planned and have a list of things you’d like to do so you don’t get swamped with different options available. You can visit New York several times over and you’d still find something new to explore on each visit.
Read More Our Review:
- 8 Best Places to Visit in New York
- What You Need to Know About the Top Places To Go in New York –Parks and Gardens
- Are These Some of the Best Places To Go in New York City? – Museums and Memorials in New York
- Where Are the Places To Go In New York? – Famous Buildings and Landmarks
- Where Are The Top Places To Stay In New York?
- Is New York City Worth Visiting? – Things To Do When You’re In New York
- What are the Pros and Cons of These Places to Stay in New York?
- Are These Some Of The Best Neighborhoods And Places To Stay In New York?
- What Are the Top Things To Do In the 5 Boroughs Of New York City?