“Olive is a common ingredient in many recipes. Among other oil types we use in the kitchen, olive oil comes at the top. There are many reasons for this. But I think it is the health benefits and the taste.”
Olive oil is made with freshly picked olive. Olives are pressed with a compressor until they release the olive oil. This oil comes out mixed with water. Once you remove the water, it is ready for use as olive oil in the kitchen.
Olive extracted in this method is the best olive oil available in the stores today. It is known as extra virgin olive oil. Many claim that extra virgin olive oil has the best health benefits and most ideal olive oil for cooking.
The 7 Best Olive Oils In 2021
1.Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, First Cold Pressed, Full-Bodied Flavor, Perfect for Salad Dressings & Marinades, 68 FL. OZ.
2.La Tourangelle, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cold-Pressed High Antioxidant Picual Olives From Spain, 25.4 fl oz
3.AmazonFresh Mediterranean Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 68 Fl Oz (2L)
4.365 by WFM, Oil Olive Extra Virgin Italian, 33.8 Fl Oz
5.Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 101.4 Ounce
6.California Olive Ranch Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 16.9 oz each (Pack of 2)
7.Sky Organics USDA Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil- 100% Pure Greek Cold Pressed Unfiltered Non-GMO EVOO- For Cooking Baking – Hair & Skin Moisturizing, 16.9 oz
What are the Uses of Olive Oil?
There are many uses of olive oil. I know you might have many of them already. But see whether there is anything new.
- For frying foods – Whenever you are frying some meat or some garlic, you can use olive oil instead of any other high-fat oil like coconut.
- Salad dressing – Olive has a better taste compared to other oil. Because of this, you can use olive oil as a dressing for fresh salads.
- Cosmetics – If you check the ingredients used in some cosmetic products, you will find olive oil among them.
- Soap manufacturing – As you know, soap requires a fat base to make bonds with dirt. Olive oil is used for this purpose.
- Fuel – Sometimes olive oil is used to light up lamps. You can see this commonly in some religious activities.
What are the Health Benefits of Olive Oil?
There are many health benefits in using olive oil compared to other oil for cooking.
- Rich in antioxidants that reduce the chance of chronic diseases.
- Contains oleic acid, which reduces inflammation and avoids cancers.
- People who consume olive oil instead of other oils have less chance of strokes.
- Beneficial for the health of your heart.
- Fat in olive oil will not contribute to weight gain.
- Consuming olive oil can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Can I use Olive Oil on My Skin?
As you already know, olive oil is already used in some cosmetic products and some soaps. That is a good indication for us that it is safe to use olive oil on our skin. You can use extra virgin olive oil on your skin as a moisturizer.
What Happens If You Drink Olive Oil Every Day?
I would say no if this was any other type of oil. Because consuming different oil will increase the chances of diseases. But olive oil has a different effect on your body. Drinking oil every day can benefit your heart, digestion, and bones.
Can Olive Oil Whiten Our Skin?
Olive oil does not contain any substance that can promote skin whitening. But applying olive oil over your skin can provide some protection from the scorching sun. So you can not completely throw away that idea.
What is Fake Olive Oil?
Some food products in the market today are not authentic. The aim of these fake food products is to earn some profits. But often, this food has a poor quality compared to the real. Because of that, these foods can expose you to sicknesses as well.
In the context of olive oil, there are many fake olive oil products in the market. There are few ways that sellers bring you unauthentic olive oil products.
- Olive oil mixed with another cheap oil type is one way of bringing you this fake olive oil. Although you pay the price for the original olive oil, you get a mix of other cheaper oils.
- Some companies mix olive oil with the olive oil from their previous harvest to minimize waste. This contains 100% original olive oil, but part of it is older than the other. Because of this, it will not give you the full quality.
- I previously mentioned how extra virgin olive oil is made. This has a higher price and is considered the best type of olive oil. Other processes of extracting olive oil do not give you extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). But some manufacturers wrongly label different olive oil types as EVOO to gain profits.
- Some olive oil has an extra value based on the country or the region they are made. I have seen some manufacturers tap fake labels to gain advantages from this.
- Other oil types are labeled as oil olive oil. This is the worst kind of fraud I have experienced. With some color changes and fake scents, olive oil is made without using single olive.
Now we are aware of the different ways that fake olive oil comes to us. Next, let’s look at how to identify them.
How to Spot Fake Olive Oil?
There are many ways to spot fake olive oil. Because you are aware of other olive oil types, you can check for the following details to spot them.
- Check for the harvested date – This date gives you a good idea about the quality of the olive oil inside. It’s best to use olive oil within a limited time from the harvested data. Many original olive oil manufacturers never miss printing this.
- Only buy the oil labeled as extra virgin oil – It is somewhat hard to fake the exta virgin olive oil. Because of this, try to buy the olive oil that has the EVOO label.
- Manufactured country – There are only a few countries in the world that manufactures olive oil. Only buy olive oil made in these countries. Those counties are Spain, Greece, Italy, France, Tunisia, Portugal, and the USA.
- Look for the third party certifications – European Union’s Protected Designation of Origin (PDO), COOC Certified Extra Virgin seal from the California Olive Oil Council, Italy’s DOP are few of these certificates.
- Don’t fall for non-dark bottles – In general, EVOO requires dark bottles for storage. Other products can be fake sometimes.
- Try a sample – If you are used to the original, you will be able to instantly identify the fake olive oil from the real. You can taste some oil.
Olive oil is a healthy type of natural oil that we can use for our food. Other than that, there are many uses of olive oil for us. But when we are selecting olive oil for our kitchen, we have to be careful to avoid the fake.
Read More Our Review:
- How to Identify an Authentic Carhartt Shirt?
- What Are the Things You Need To Know Before Buying a Pair Of Wrangler Jeans For Men?
- How To Identify Columbia Shirt?
- How To Identify Wrangler Jeans (ZM3CSCN)? 6 Things You Didn’t Know
- How to Identify Adidas Shoes?
- How to Find Levi’s (Style Number)Jeans Code?
- How to Identify a Fake Hugo Boss Shirt?
- How To Identify Hanes Shirt?
- How To Identify Hey Dude Shoes?
- How To Identify Hurley Shirt?
Give Carhartt A Try? Give Levi’s Jeans A Try?
For over 125 years, Carhartt, Inc. has been committed to offering the finest workwear products and customer service available.
Carhartt uses only the finest materials and applies strict quality control standards to every garment and accessory that sells.
Don’t Miss Our Picks of The Popular Articles:
- Are Wrangler Authentics Made By Wrangler?
- How To Identify Original Levi’s Jeans? 7 Simple Ways To Help You
- STDcheck.com is The Leader in STD Testing
- Skechers Men’s Loafer(64654), “Every Day Shoes”, Must Have
- Do Carhartt Men’s K87 Workwear Pocket Short-Sleeve T-Shirt Shrink?
- Why Is VIOFO A119 V3 Dash CamA Must-Have Accessory In Your Car?
- DASH Safe Slice Mandoline Slicer(DSM100), Why Is It A Great Addition To Anyone’s Kitchen?
- Are Citizen Watches Good Quality? Citizen Eco-Drive Unisex Watch (BM8180-03E) Review
- How to Identify a Fake Hugo Boss Shirt?
- Why You Should Buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra(sm-n986uznaxaa)?